Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cards and an Aged Room















I am always amazed by the colour challenges. I really ended up liking these three colours together....Almost Amythest, So Saffron and Wild Wasabi. For the floral card, I used this week's Technique Challenge which was the Grid Technique. I don't have a ScorePal, but it was quite easy to create the grid on my small paper cutter with a scoring blade. I like the effect with the white grid showing "under" the stamped image.

Today's Sketch Challenge is featured in the Star card and the colours are used again. I had to add the Birthday Wishes tab at the very last instant because somehow, from somewhere, a little black smudge appeared on the card. So, it had to be covered up.

I spent some time last night cleaning photos off of the computer and came across the ones I took of my "new" stamping room in the summer of 2006. It had been my sewing room. I took EVERYTHING out (except the rug) and redid the whole thing myself. I took pictures again today because there is definitely a difference. You can scroll down to see the photos if you like. I've tried to keep the similar angles next to one another - 2006/2008. It may not stay set up right though once I post.

Thanks for stopping by. This rainy weather has been good for one thing besides the plants....I'm cool enough to get some cleaning done. Always the summer chore. Happy Stampin' - JOAN






























4 comments:

Alex said...

Gorgeous cards Joan and your stamp room looks FABULOUS!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Gina Lindsay said...

Your cards are beautiful!! Nice stamping space too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Lee said...

Oh I agree........I loved this color combo!!!! What beautiful cards you created with them and totally rocked that sketch!!!! Your craft room is wonderfully organized!!!! How fun!!

Andrea, said...

Your stamping room looks fabulous, so neat and tidy. Love the cards, the rose is so pretty