Thursday, May 21, 2020

How Do I Use This? - Sponge Brayer

 Last night I had my "How Do I Use This?" Facebook Live and today I'm sharing the cards I created to demonstrate the different things you can do with sponge brayers.

The first technique I shared was the Ombre technique.  I used Soft Seafoam, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive.  I brayered the Soft Seafoam down first then added the next  colours in line trying to create a smooth transition from one shade to the next.  The accent is from the upcoming Forever Gold Laser Cut Specialty Paper. The Hello is from the new Forever Fern stamp set.

 Next, I did the Emboss Resist Technique.  The technique works with either sponge daubers or the sponge brayer, but you can cover more area with the brayer.  I covered the paper with the blossom  and foliage from Tasteful Touches stamp set using Versa Mark and White Embossing Powder.  After embossing, I used Rococo Rose ink and brayered until I got the desired shade.  You need to remember to gently wipe off the ink that sits on the embossed area.

 I don't know that there is a name for this technique - I brayered the inside cover of the Parisian Flourish Embossing Folder with Crumb Cake ink.  When I put it through the Big Shot, the ink went into the depressed areas of the design.  The stamp set I used is Very Versailles using Pretty Peacock ink.

Finally, I tried to create some movement on the paper by curving the brayer as I applied the ink.  You could create more of an effect if you did this on larger paper and then cut it down to size.  The colours I used were Old Olive, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry.

Any of the new stamp sets I've used will be available from the new catalogue when it goes live on June 3.  If you would like a copy of the catalogue, let me know and I'll get one out to you.

I hope you found some inspiration to pull out a brayer and use it.  All the techniques can be done with either the sponge brayer, or the rubber brayer that we used to sell.

Thanks for visiting today.
Stay Safe,
Joan



No comments: