Saturday, April 11, 2020

How Do I Use This? Blender Pens

Today I'm sharing the cards I created on Wednesday's "How Do I Use This?" Facebook Live.
Blender Pens were the product of the day and I showed 5 different ways to use them.

For the Happy Spring card, above, I coloured in the sections of the duck using my Blender Pen and picking up ink from the lid of a Classic Stamp pad.  To get ink on the lid you simply squish the top and bottom of the ink pad together.  Then, use the Blender Pen to pick up the colour.  This is a great technique if you have ink pads but do not have markers.  The trick is to be sure you don't over over colour a section because it may cause the paper to pill.


I've posted this card before, but it is the one I used to show the second technique.  For this technique, stamp your image with Classic Ink and use the Blender Pen to pull the colour into the centre of the image.  I love how you end up getting a lighter shade without losing the original image.

The third technique is to use the Blender Pens with our Watercolour Pencils.  We have two different assortments of colours you can purchase.  I used the Watercolour Pencils to colour in the image of the birds on the branch.  The leaves on the Designer Series Paper have been coloured in with a marker.






 For the fourth technique, I've used a Stampin' Write Marker to put ink onto a clear block.  This is just the same as the first technique except if you don't have stamp pads.  I could colour in the image with a regular marker, but I wouldn't get the paler shade of my colour.  And that's what the Blender Pens are all about.






The final technique is to use the Blender Pen to erase ink from a stamp pad.  First, ink up your stamp and then simply take the blender pen and brush off ink from where you want you image to be lighter.  I could have used a lighter shade of green in a different marker, but this way I've got a lighter shade of my Old Olive.  Be careful that you don't erase too much of the ink - unless you want to get rid of the words altogether.
This technique also works to erase a word and then recolour it with a different marker.


That's it for today.  If you'd like to view the Facebook Live video of me showing these techniques, you can HERE 
 I hope I've refreshed your memory about Blender Pens.  They get sort of forgotten now that we have our Stampin' Blends Markers.  Or, I hope I've given you a new technique to use.

Stay Home, Stay Safe.
Thanks for dropping by,
Joan

No comments: