Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rainbow Smiles

I can't believe I haven't posted since Thursday - but I've been working on report cards - so I guess that's part of the reason time has passed me by.
I sat down with the Friday Mashup this afternoon - They are working with the following sketch this week and incorporating rainbow colours into the project for the mashup.
I decided to pull out the watercolour paper and douse it with reinker.

To get the bands of colour,
1)  I used an aqua painter  to wet  a small section of the paper
2) Add a drop of reinker and hold it vertically so the ink drips down the wet section - help it along with the aqua painter if necessary.
3) Continue across your paper until you've filled in the sections.  As I wet each section, I let some of the water bleed into the previous section so that the colour would blend a bit.

Here is the Friday Mashup Sketch

And here are my card instructions….


4 comments:

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

I love the deep, rich colors you created on your card, Joan. And you picked the perfect sentiment! TFS with the Friday Mashup this week;)

Tinabobina99 said...

Brilliant. Did you start at the top or the bottom of the rainbow?

Lisa said...

Wow!! I love the bold colors you achieved with the watercoloring, it looks fantastic!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your rainbow card, Joan! It's a winner in my book!
:) Marie