Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Altered Books - A new obsession

I mentioned on Sunday that I had found a new passion - First let me say that altered books were introduced to me at the Stampin'Up! convention this summer.  I thought - cool, I could do that!  I finally went out and found a little book at the beginning of October and replaced the end pages at the front of the book.  Then life got busy and I set it aside.
This past weekend, I had a table set up at the Fine Arts Conference in Edmonton.  Two tables away from me there was a woman set up with a number of her personal altered journals and some books her daughter had bound using "found papers".  What talented women.  The light bulb went on in my head and I finally understood the whole concept and the magnitude of directions I could go in.
I will be sharing the pages I create on this blog because I'm intending to use Stampin'Up products as much as possible in my altering of the pages.  I've used sponge daubers with our inks for these first three pages and incorporated the Faux Layer Tearing technique on the "Inspired" page (which has actually evolved a bit further than what you see here.

Emily also introduced me to the mandalas, and I'm hooked on creating them.  They take the doodling I've done in the past to a whole other level!


That's it for today - I have a whole whack of classes coming up in November - so there's a lot of prep involved.
Hope you have things keeping you busy and out of trouble.
Thanks for visiting.
Joan

No comments: