Friday, March 26, 2010

Tranquility in Ladybugs and Butterflies

I would have to say that my first full day of Spring Break has been very productive in the area of cardmaking. I even got an altered item finished which I'll share with you at the end of this next week. On top of that - I got some of my pieces in my "Where's Waldo" puzzle while I was waiting for coffee to brew earlier this morning. So I'm a happy camper! Now I'm just chomping at the bit for news from my son arriving home from a skiing trip because he has a gig with his band tonight.









My first card incorporates three different images from Sugar Creek Hollow. The teapot comes with no design so I added the flowers to it. The sketch is from Splitcoast this week - but I couldn't download it to post here for some odd reason. The brads at the bottom are for Day 25 at 365 Cards which was to create your own glittery brads or pearls. I glitzed mine up by putting a mini glue dot on the top of the brads and then dipping them into the glitter. The colour inspiration came from the CCEE inspiration photo of these wonderful pastel coloured macaroons.

I love this 2nd image from Squigglefly. She's just so cute with her big feet and sloppy socks! I used the colours on this card from Color Dare #60 - it was last weeks dare. The sketch is from Our Creative Corner - shown in the thumbnail. And today Stamp Something wanted you to Doodle
Something - so I added the doodles in the corners. Over at Squigglefly they are getting ready to release a new set of images called "Inside Outs" - they will include 2 images plus 2 sentiments so that an image and sentiment are used for both the inside and outside of the card. The ones that I have seen so far are very witty. You can receive a free one when you make a creation using a Squigglefly image and post it on your blog!! I'm coming in under the wire for this one because the deadline for posting is the 27th.

Finally, I've created another scene with DSP because the Day 24 Challenge at 365 Cards was to use 10 different pieces of DSP.

Well, that's it for today - I hope all of your had a wonderful day and are geared up to head into the weekend. Thanks for dropping by

10 comments:

Abounding Treasures said...

I love your beautiful teapot card!

Did you stamp or paint the pretty flowers on the teapot?

Gloria Stengel said...

All great cards. That teapot once works for the 365 Cards day 22 challenge too! Thanks for playing at 365 and at OCC Sketch this week. Your cards are just fab!

Marlene said...

Busy, busy lady!!! Look at all these mini masterpieces! Love them all....big and small...short and tall.....ah, never mind, you get it. :)

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, these are just fabulous, Joan! You totally rocked those challenges!!

Have a great weekend!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Three absolutely charming cards!! Love all the different styles, colors and details. Thanks so much for joining us in our CCEE challenge!

Laurel said...

Great cards, love your image for the OCC sketch!

Cindy Haffner said...

Joan your cards are GORGEOUS!!

HappyCrafter said...

So glad you are having a productive day! These are all beautiful, especially the one with the tea pot, but I also REALLY like the one with the little houses and butterflies! Hopefully the rest of your weekend is just as productive :-)

Kim Mc said...

Gorgeous, Joan! Love all of them, but the Terrific Ten one is my favorite with those multi-patterned butterflies! Thanks for playing with us at 365 Cards and hope to see you in the future!

Aloha, Kim
365 Cards Design Team member
Check out the DAILY challenges!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards Joan. I hope you have had a good weekend