Thursday, March 18, 2010

Speckled Hen

Hey there - it's almost Friday!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!

Today I've created a card with one of Sugar Creek Hollow's chickens and used our first sketch challenge. We would love you to create a card using this sketch and submit it to the SCH blog and perhaps win some incredible looking blog bling!

I created the speckles on the hen using my spritzer tool and Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip. I then "traced" the chicken's head and tail feathers with wire so that I could cut out the body and use it as the "oval" section of the sketch.

Tomorrow I will be heading to a Jazz Band fundraiser put on by the school band program that my children used to be involved in. The evening includes dinner, performances by the current jazz band and then also a performance by an Alumni Jazz band made up of students who have graduated. So....this year....both my kids are involved in the Alumni Jazz - Grant on drums and Allison on Sax. To top it off, the director - who is fantastic - has asked my husband if he will play also because he was missing an instrument part. I feel like odd man out. Never played an instrument - I sing. I will try to take photos though!!!

Thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Adorable card - and great sketch.

Pssst....I've never played an instrument (unless farting counts)...and I can't sing, either.

stampinfrog said...

Joan this card is wonderful!Love the speckles on the body andthe wire for the head and tail feathers is so creative!
Hugs,Connie

Cheryl said...

WHat a wonderful card! I love the speckles.