Monday, March 15, 2010

Lucky Sundaes

Good Monday Morning:
Wouldn't ya just love to start the day with a thick chocolate sundae!!!! This image comes from Sugar Creek Hollow. You can find it in the "Food" section in the Quick Find Digi's by Type. More new images will be available April 1 - so mark your calendars. You're not going to want to miss them!!

For my card I used the sketch from Friday Sketchers .(Shown in the thumbnail below). I printed the image off twice - once one white paper and again on Vanilla. I touched the glass up with a bit of grey to give it a bit of dimension and then covered it with Crystal Effects to slick it up. (That was the challenge from over at Saturday Spotlight this week) When the Crystal Effects was just a bit dry - I started playing around with it to try to give
it a bit more texture to look like those old fashioned sundae glasses. The cherry has a dew drop on top of it to give it a bit of dimension too....along with the ice cream sticking out from the page with dimensionals.



The Corrosive Challenge this week was to create a card with some Luck on
it. I thought myself "lucky" when I noticed that the Tres Chic stamp has
the word Lucky included. Our Creative Corner's challenge this week was to create a card with yellow, green, brown and pink and I matched that with the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge shown below.
I guess I was lucky twice in creating this card because when I went looking for the finishing touch for the card I found that the L word in Define Yourself stamp set was Lucky!

To create the shamrocks I crumpled up a piece of Old Olive paper, and then distressed it more by rubbing the stamp pad over the rough spots.....then I put it into the Heart to Heart punch. Not an easy feat when the paper is no longer flat and crisp!

So that's it for today. I hope you have a wonderful day and a little bit of luck falls into your path.

Thanks for stopping by



15 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

yummmy! That sundae looks good enough to eat!!! LOL And I love your shamrocks, very clever!!!!! (when are you coming to Calgary??)

Anonymous said...

Oh boy does that sundae look YUMMY!! :) Such beautiful accents to it and love your shamrock card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Deb Neerman said...

De-Lish! Love the cards Joan ... fabulous challenge entries!!

Karen Giron said...

That sundae looks scrumptious!!! I love your little shamrock card too - what fabulous texture!!

stampinfrog said...

Two beautiful cards Joan!The sundae looks so yummy!Fantastic coloring and papers!
Hugs,Connie

Darlene said...

Awesome creations! That sundae looks good enough to eat ... YUMMO!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh how I would LOVE to start each day with a chocolate sundae....if only I could do that and still fit in my pants, lol!

Awesome job on both cards. I love the crystal effects on the sundae glass though..sooooo cool!

Deb said...

Awesome cards as usual Joan!! Love the sundae, and YES I certainly would like to start the day with one!! Love the cyrstal effects to make it look glass like.

HappyCrafter said...

Yum!, love the shiny cherry and glass.

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy Monday Joan :)!!! Your chocolate share looks DELICIOUS!!!! I would love to slurp it up right now...LOL!!! Your OCC card is beautiful!!! Perfect use of the colors and it works wonderful with the Sektch!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us this week!!! Hugs ~S~

LorettaL said...

Joan, both your cards are wonderful! Have a wonderful week, and I'll see for the SCH challenge on Friday!

Thanks for playing along with us on the OCC this week!

Jenny Gropp said...

Wonderful cards!!!! The Sundae looks mouth watering!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This looks delish!! Yummy!! What awesome embellishing and details. Awesome take on the slick challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Hhhhm I can smell the hot fudge and see the ice cream melting down the side of the glass from here! AWESOME!

Maria Matter said...

oh YUMMO Joan!
your slick embellies are fabulous!!!
an amazing card!!!
Blessings, Maria