Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Back from Down Under

 I thought it was high time I got my blog posts going again......I haven't been home a week yet, but I have been stamping and feeling more myself after the jet-lag.
Our trip to Australia was fantastic.  We were on 8 planes in 16 days, but everything was wonderful.  Our first stay in Brisbane, we "lived" across the street from the Botanical Garden which was lovely, full of birds and lizards.  I loved it.  We also went to the Koala Sanctuary where we saw all the Australian animals; held a koala, fed two kangaroos, and saw emu, wallabies, platypus and lots of little lizards.

 Our second destination was Sydney and we stayed on Bondi Beach.  This was the view from the lobby of the hotel.  So many different places to eat - outside.  Oh, and gelato every evening!
 I'm not a sun bather (except on my deck), but I did venture down to the shore and stood with the waves lapping against my shins - lots of sand left behind!
 There was lots of artwork on the cement wall surrounding the beach, but one section was completely done in mosaic.  It was absolutely fascinating - all the different things that  were incorporated into it.  One small section even had pieces from a computer.
The third leg of the trip was to Melbourne.  We had a very entertaining evening sitting with two young lads talking about this that and the other thing! The second day in Melbourne we headed downtown to some alleys that were full of street art.  Some was just messy stuff, but a lot of it was pure art!
When we were back in Sydney, I was able to get downtown with my husband and we did a ferry tour, as well as a tour of their Botanical Garden.
The next day we headed back to Brisbane for one night (taking a ride on the river) and then we headed home.
We will definitely go back.

And now, it's time to get to work before the next little adventure.
I was up early this morning creating cards for this month's 

Cards and Coffee.
Date - April 10, 2018
Time - 9:00-11:00am
Where - Joan's House

Please Register HERE to attend

Looking forward to stamping with you again.
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan


 

No comments: