Monday, September 16, 2013

Painted Swallowtail

We're back with another card sketch at MDS Monday and I am the hostess this week.  I have the sketch for you below, and my additional challenge this week is for you to use an oversized image that exceeds the boundaries of the large space....and use a stamped border.

Now I have to admit, when I created this sketch and my example,  it was the day before the first day of school, so I sort of copped out a bit and recreated one of my paper cards HERE - which I actually cased from Andrea Gideon's bleached swallowtail  HERE.

It took a bit of doing, but the colouring behind the stamp was done using the Free Form brush tool in layers.


I hope you have fun with this -  remember to link your project back to MDS Monday so we can take a peak!
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan

5 comments:

Wendie Waldman said...

This is beautiful, Joan. The stamping on the right really compliments the butterfly.

Andrea Gideon said...

Your card turned out beautiful.
Thank you for casing it, I liked your twist on it.

Tamara Bertram said...

LOVE this!!!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow - you really went above and beyond with the colouring of this, Joan! It looks gorgeous!!! Thanks for the great challenge this week :)

Heidi Baks said...

How fun that you recreated a paper card. I love your creativity with the coloring... that's not easy!