Monday, August 26, 2013

Tried and True Toy!

Happy MDS Monday morning - Beth  has a wonderful sketch for us this morning and the added challenge is to use fun frames around your pictures. The great thing about MDS is that those frames could be stamped or "paper" or embellishments.  So many fun options.  That's why it can take so much time, sometimes, to get a page done.

Today I'm featuring Elliot playing with that tried and true Tupperware Shape-o-Ball.  This is the one that Grant and Allison played with as kids.  I was a Tupperware Queen (demonstrator) at the time.
Beth's sketch has a simple embellishment grouping, but I decided to challenge myself with reproducing all the shapes that go into the ball.
The circle, oval, square, star, triangle, and hexagon were simple - we already have those shapes.  The quarter circle was easy too - just crop the circle! 


For the pentagon, I took the hexagon shape and edited it; moving the points until I got the pentagonal shape; and I removed one of the lines.

The trapezoid was fairly easy too....starting with a square and adjusting the points  to create the shape.  I would like to see a grid on this page so it would be easier to "eyeball" where the points are going.

The Swiss Cross was the hardest -beginning with a square and inserting points on each side before moving them into shape.

Here is Beth's sketch.....
Have fun with it and be sure to link your creation over to the MDS Monday challenge blog so we can see what you've done.

3 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

I cannot get over how old this toy is and every generation loves it!! What a great idea to create your own shapes. I love the color palette you used.

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable shapes on your page! I love it.

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is so super fun. I love the colours and that you've created your own shapes - how clever of you :) GREAT paper too.