Saturday, October 8, 2011

One Huge Spider!

 I feel like I haven't posted anything since - forever.  It really hasn't been that long, but it's been busy.  Thursday night was taken up with an event, and on top of having a Professional Development day for school on Friday, our family had our Thanksgiving dinner since it was the only time both kids would be around.  So - it's was busy - but it's nice to know that the rest of the long weekend will be relaxing!

So - today - once I gutted out my stamping room - AGAIN - I worked on the Friday Mashup!
  1. Make a "Halloween themed" Project.
  2. Or Make a Project using the colors: "Black, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade & Concord Crush".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Halloween project using the Colors listed above".
Honestly, I have been wanting to make a spider using the same method I've been making pumpkins with - and today was the day.  He is made with the Concord Crush - just to make him more deadly - and once I put the pieces together I spritzed them with the glimmer paint.  Finally, I just HAD to add some googly eyes which I have from past crafting days.

I brayered the raised side of the spider web embossing folder before putting in the paper.  I don't mind the little bit of smudging around the edging that happened while brayering. 

I used the Halloween image from the "It's a Wrap Holidays" and coloured in the "empty" words with the Versa Mark Pen.

This is a banner I worked on last week - I TOTALLY cased it from a demonstration at Regionals.  Well, all except the Y - for some reason I didn't take a picture of the Y.  Duh!!! 

Well, I'm off.  Tonight we are helping a friend celebrate her 50th birthday.  Should be a good time!  Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far - Thanks for visiting.  Joan

7 comments:

Kim P said...

Joan, your spider is terrific!! Love the googley eyes! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup again!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Joan,

I love your spider, super cute. Love those googly eyes. The eek eek eek is just exactly what I'd say coming face to face with one that size!

Thenks for playin' along with us.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Heidi Baks said...

Love your spider, and that banner is to die for! Thanks for playing with us again at the Mashup.

Lesley said...

Cute spider!! Love the banner too! Thanks for joining us at the MU!

Notes by Nina said...

I love your spider, and the googley eyes are fantastic. Happy Thanksgiving :).

Lisa said...

Great card and banner Joan! That spider is just too cool! I also like the smudging, I think it adds an extra touch that is just right.

Thanks for playing along with us agan :)

Michele K. said...

Hi Joan! Loving that spider, what a great idea! Googly eyes and all! Love your banner too! Great job with the challenge. :)