Sunday, October 2, 2011

Daring Adventures

It's been a busy weekend - and we're heading into a busy week - but  it's all good!  I got this card ready today - covering 3 challenges - and then I spent the afternoon working on simple sketches to take to school for our newly formed "Birthday Bridgade" to work on for handing out to students on their birthday.

The three challenges for my Adventure card come from
The Paper Players - Have music on your card - I rolled the notes onto vellum and also used a small piece for the wing of the bird.

Freshly Made Sketches - the Sketch - I found a chipboard tag in my stash - I had to cut it down a bit to fit the card - but it feels good to get rid of another one of those tid bits lying around waiting to be used.

Create, Ink! - the Colours - Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray.  These colours could so easily be Halloween in nature - but I moved completely away with that - using the quote from one of the first inspirational women I was introduced through a child's level biography.  Helen Keller and Florence Nightingale were the first biographies I owned.

I don't read a lot of biographies anymore - but perhaps I should.  I hope you had a good weekend, and that there are things for you to look forward to through the week.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
Joan

11 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this, Joan! The music on vellum looks great, especially on the bird's wing. And your tag is gorgeous. That sentiment is perfect to go along with the key to the world! I have GOT to get that stamp! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and the ColorLab!

Rita W said...

What a fun mix of stamps on your tag! They work so well together too and coordinate perfect with that amazing quote. Thanks for joining The Paper Players and Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... I love your tag and your creative stamping - such pretty colours! The music vellum border is just divine!
Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Lesley said...

This is amazing Joan...love the colours and the stamping!! SO awesome. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Joan! I love the color combination, and the music notes stamped onto the vellum! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the vintage look! And I love how you used the vellum - especially the extra touch of it on the wing!

None None said...

I love the colors you used, such a vibrant card and perfect for a birthday card!

Cindy Hall said...

I love all the ways that you incorporated the music into your card... on the vellum strip, on the bird and on the tag. Very cool! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

What a great card Joan! The music notes on the vellum is stellar! Love the collage stamping on the tag and the bird is divine! So glad you could play along with us at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

So very pretty! A great take on the challenge! That vellum is just beautiful! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players and my musical theme this week!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card! Perfect use of the colors, great combination of elements!! Love the music accents!! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColorLab!