Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Paper Roses

Well, I must say I've been enjoying finding out how to create paper flowers. I was given a sample of the magnolia flower that's out there right now....I'll share my project with you when it's finished. In the process of it's completion, I went looking for other patterns. Today's card uses the instructions I found by Beate Johns (Fresh and Fun) - HERE is the tutorial from SCS and at the bottom of it there is a video (for visual learners) - which is what I watched for the instructions.

The card also uses the sketch from over at Creative Card Crew this week.

It's the middle of the week, I have the afternoon off - WooooHoooo - and the weather is wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by - Joan

9 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Joan, I love the colours you have used and the flowers are the perfect finishing touch. Have a good day

Denise Marzec said...

Your flowers are GORGEOUS!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card and those flowers are gorgeous sure adds that finishing touch
Marilyn

Marlene said...

This is really pretty! Love the colors! They blend so nicely.

Beate said...

Joan, your card looks fantastic! I love your flowers.
Hugs and smiles

HappyCrafter said...

Gorgeous card, your paper flowers are AWESOME!! I haven't tried these yet, but it is very inspiring to see how pretty they look and how much they add to a card

Stef H said...

oh i love this! it's absolutely gorgeous! i love the colors and those flowers are fabulous! can you believe i have never been to canada??? and boy, would i love to go!!!! we'd have a ball! and if you're ever in illinois, let me know, because i'd find a way to meet you!

stampinfrog said...

Fabulous card Joan!Love the roses!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Fabulous card, Joan. I love the papers and your flowers are gorgeous. I tried that tutorial too and mine didn't come out that nice, but I only had 5-petal punches. The positive/negative effect with your flowers is wonderful! Terrific job on the sketch challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us at the Creative Card Crew this week.