Monday, April 6, 2009

Finally Finished

Allison gets home from her Europe trip tomorrow afternoon...and I finished the project for her birthday today after school.
She turns 18 on Thursday and hoped her card would be: "good and purple and glittery". Well, I don't know about the "good" but it sure is glittery!!! This was fun to make mainly because I came across stuff that I forgot I even had!!!!! I was also able to make a few trips to a scrapbooking store and I'm sure I bought everything purple that they had.
When I finished the project and was ready to begin the cover, I realized that I didn't give myself any space to write any sort of birthday message...so I only tacked down three sides of the fabulous glittery balloon paper so that I could insert a message in the "pocket". My husband and I came up with 18 adjectives to describe Allison.

Here is a shot of the entire thing opened up. I used three sheets of 12x12 paper layered on top of one another.

I've warned her, in the note, that not all of the adjectives are positive....but they are all her. However, I guess "picky" "spoiled" and "stubborn" aren't the worst words you could use to describe anyone.

I think that my favorite section is "creative" mainly because I came across some paper that she had painted in art class when she was in elementary school, so I used a bit of it for the background.

I had a blast creating this and I can't wait to give it to her!!!

Thanks for stopping by - hope you are enjoying sunshine in your little part of the world. JOAN

9 comments:

Beth said...

WoW! This is amazing Joan! What a fabulous keepsake it will be! Gorgeous colours and design!!! Love the glitter :)

Cheryl said...

Very,Very pretty Joan!!! The glitter looks spectacular!!She will love it!!
Hugs xx

Allison Rankin said...

Wowsers...I have never attempted one of these but it really is a show-stopper! Love the idea of all the word identifiers for her...plus all that glitter is too fun!

Tammi said...

Oh my, this is wonderful, I love your thoughtful idea here, and that you used part of her artwork for it, just beautiful!

Alex said...

Gorgeous Joan!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome! Love all the purple and glitter. Two of my favorite things. :)

Maria Matter said...

fabulous!
Such an amazing work of art and it's purple and glittery to boot!
Blessings, Maria

Andrea, said...

Oh this is wonderful, I love all the glitter. A fabulous keepsake

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

AHHH SHE is going to LOVE it!!
That card is awesome!!
hugz
deb