Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Heart Johnny & Fading Flowers

I apologize that I hadn't gotten around to uploading my last VSN card - and seriously, it was the best of the bunch. :) We had to create a card focusing on our favorite celebrity and we had to post it as " I heart _____". Well, I Heart Johnny. I found this great photo with brown hues which went along with the Chocolate Chip paper - He's been in two "chocolate" movies so it fit. The gold circles around the edges are for Pirates gold. It was suggested that I put this card in a special place in my stamping room and pretend that he sent it to me.

Today's Colour Challenge was Rose Red, Always Artichoke and Black. A striking combo...the postings in the Splitcoast gallery are awesome. I used last weeks sketch challenge too. Sometimes I wish I didn't stick to them so strickly. It ends up a bit plain.....must learn to go outside my box more often.

It's report card and interview time, but I'm going to try my best to keep up with the challenges. Hope you're March weather is better than Edmonton's! Thanks for dropping by. JOAN

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

They are both fabulous,love the colours!!!
xx

Maria Matter said...

Joan, your flower card is lovely! I like the repeat flower image!
And Ooooo, I really like that Johnny one....let me just look at that one for a while!!!! LOL He is soooo sweet! Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

dpkennedy said...

I think your flower card is beautiful! It's not plain..it's clean and simple!

And Johnny & Chocolate...yes, yes, yes! I'd even take Johnny without the chocolate...OH yes, yes, yes! Oop, sorry, let me get that...didn't mean to drool.

Lee said...

Oh that fading flowers card is simply stunning!!! And what a fun Johnny card!!! LOL