Sunday, March 15, 2009

Caterpillars and Music

Yesterday's Inspiration Challenge came from Fitz & Floyd. I looked around and the plate that is shown caught my eye because of the colours.....

so I used Baha Breeze, Not Quite Navy and Mellow Moss. The Baha does not work well in this photo, but it does match the plate in person. Last week's Stamp Something challenge was to create a card around something you enjoy - and for me that would be music - listening, dancing to, sharing with kids - it's all good.






The Limited Supply Challenge on Friday was to create a card with bugs on it. I also incorporated the colour challenge from the Colour Throw Down - which was Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant and a green of your choice - I used Kiwi Kiss. I finally got my texturz plates to work properly in my Big Shot so used the swirly background on the small turquoise and eggplant pieces. The Big Shot was used to cut out the leaves; which were from the Birds and Bloom die set - I folded them in half and put them through the crimper for more texture. The branch is the Swirly Strip Die. I guess I actually used a lot of supplies for the limited supply challenge....oooops.

We're off to see "Annie" tonight in Edmonton. I'm not sure what my feelings are....I know I'll like the music, I know I'll like the staging. I just hardly ever like the little girl.....there's just something about Annie that I just can't...... I don't know what it is.....maybe the wig!!!

Anyway - thanks for stopping by. Hope your weekend was great - on to another week. JOAN

13 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Hi Joan!
This music card is just stunning!!
And your bug card adorable...love the colors!
blessings, Maria

LeAnne said...

What great cards! They are both wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us!
LeAnne

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous cards Joan, the little caterpillars are so sweet. have a good day

Riet said...

woww Joan,what a beautiful cards,l love them all.

hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

Two gorgeous cards Joan,love the colour combos!!!

dpkennedy said...

Both of your cards are great! The gold embossed music one is beautiful! I love the caterpillars too, so fun! So glad you played the CTD with us!

And I know what you mean about that Annie...a little precocious maybe? LOL! Have fun!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great cards! I love your caterpillars crawling on the vines! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Barbara said...

Oh, my! Your little fuzzy worms are so cute on that branch!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you next time!

Alex said...

Great cards Joan, especially love the caterpillar one, too cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Broni said...

Both of your cards are so pretty! I love the worms!!! I hope you guys enjoyed Annie!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan! These cards are beautiful! Love those caterpillars! TFS! =)

~ Gracie

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, I just love your cards! But this bug card is soooooo stinkin' cute!!

Great job!

Antje said...

Lovely cards, specially your carterpillars are gorgeous!!