Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thinking of a Wonderful Friend

Yesterday's Inspiration Challenge was from Marimekko Petrooli Umbrellas - wow - what fun!!!!! I chose the one shown on the side.
I also used the sketch challenge from LAST WEEK's challenge at Our Creative Corner. (They now have a colour challenge up - so I'll have to work on that next.) I'm loving the new scallop punch!!!! Gone are the days of using the corner rounder to create scallops - wooohooo!!!
I added some non-SU bobbles on the bottom set of flowers. They are tinted pink, but you really can't tell in the photo. Oh well.
I decided this afternoon, that I had better give my Big Shot a try. What fun too!!!!!! I sponged the edges of the flowers and then used my gel pen to add the white dots. (I bought a couple of new ones so I'm not using white-out anymore!!!) At convention we saw how we could remove the rhinestones from the "brad" so I did that for the centres of the flowers.
The colours for this card are from over at Colour Throw Down (Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue and Apricot Appeal) - my apricot is a bit washed out in this photo. I think I must create a little photo corner for myself so that things turn out truer to life.

I'm off to do a bit more music planning. The count down is on, but the days are still passing relatively slowly - Yipeee!!!!
Thanks for stopping by,

11 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, I just know you're gonna miss making scalloped borders outta your slit punch. Maybe not today .. but soon. LOLOL, I kid!

LOVE these; you are soooo stinkin' talented. I want to be you for a week or two ...

~Hugs!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two fabulous cards Joan and love your interpretation of the umbrella, the colours are spot on. Have a great day, It's bank holiday here in the UK so a nice restful day, Big Hugs Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Joan, great color combinations

Anonymous said...

Doing fabulous things as usual, Joan. I left something for you and Amy on my blog.

Lee said...

Oooooo........your umbrella card is DA BOMB!!!! Wowzers!!! And the color throwdown....I admit, some color challenges I love, others are tough....hence the challenge part I know!! LOL You sure ROCKED them out!!!

Alex said...

These are fabulous Joan!!! School started here today and I am already feeling the drain on my time - LOL! Just love your cards! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Andrea said...

Nice cards.
xAndrea

Ana Baird said...

Stunning cards! Love desing too!

Dawn Wheeler said...

2 beautiful cards ,fab take on the challege ,love them ,Dawnx

dpkennedy said...

Really pretty cards Joan! I love the blue and yellow flowers!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are so fun with all the wonderful flowers. I especially like all the dots on the second card. Cute!