Saturday, August 23, 2008

Celebrate Your Day

I finally have cupcake stamps!!!!! Wheeeee!

This card covers a number of different challenges. Last week's Colour Challenge was Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, and Ruby Red. I used the new Bella Rose Designer Paper for the one triangle. This is also the Sketch Challenge for this past week - although I added the "scallops" around the central image.
You can't really tell from the photo, but I added some Dazzing Diamonds to each of the cherries on top of the cupcakes.

I've also made it a Birthday card (although I guess it doesn't actually say that word on it - oops) - for Stamp Something's Birthday Something Challenge.

I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday. Thanks for stopping by -

18 comments:

Joanna said...

Very cute card. I like the colors and the cup cakes look so delicate. I get hungry just looking at it :)


Hugs from Joanna

Deb Neerman said...

So pretty, Joan! The soft colors are perfect and your cupcakes look yummy!

Looks like you rocked those challenges!

~Hugs!

mousekemom said...

So sweet! I just love the new cupcake set, don't you?

April

Amy Sheffer said...

Darling card. Yummy enough to eat!! Great job combining challenges!

Lynn Put said...

This is really great! I love the way you colored your cupcakes and the swirls you used for the back ground!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Baeutiful card Joan, love the cute image and the wonderful dp. Hugs Nikki x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Thankyou for stopping by - your blog is gorgeous - hope you are having a great weekend XXX

Carolyn King said...

very cute. glad you got some cupcakes---every stamper needs a few in her closet!

Rleen said...

Aloha Joan,
Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left in my blog. I really appreciate it!
Gorgeous card! Love the swirls on the background and the sketch. The cupcakes look yummy.
Visiting from Aloha State!
Rleen.

Andrea, said...

Great card, I love the cupcakes

Bev said...

Absolutely brilliant card! I love the sentiments on the scallops. What a neat idea!
hugs Bev x

Unknown said...

wonderful work.. i like it

Lee said...

That is soooooooooo cool!!! I love those cupcake sentiment scallops too!!!!

Kathryn said...

Very cute -- love that cupcake stamp and the colors are beautiful! :)

Heather said...

Nice card- I love how you combined the DP.

Anonymous said...

What a darling card!! :) Love the stack of cupcakes with the wording in the scallops!! CUTE!! Thanks for playing!

dpkennedy said...

So pretty! I love this sketch and those cupcakes are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card, Joan! Love your "scallops" with the sentiment and of course that darling cupcake image.