Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mom's Gift for Memories

Well, I'm pretty impressed with my self that I got something put together for my Mother for her birthday - without being late! I must take it to the post office today though - sending it to Ontario. She enjoys the trips she takes to Newfoundland and I'm sure would like to settle their. She likes to beetle around and take photographs soooo! I found a pattern for this in our August edition of Stampin'Success - a magazine published for demonstrators. I had to make it longer to accomodate a 12-letter word!
Cover - the words are "Sights, Sounds, Scenery"
Tags for her to note where she was each day.

Two little "pockets" made from envelopes to put things in - one is a clear envelope

Journal pages to write on - She'll have to put the date and place on the little lines

Long pocket to slip printed photos into

A small frame to put a photo in. (I've left the sticky strip covered so she can adhere it herself)

An envelope pocket to put the disc of photos into and a spot to put another small photo.

Thanks for stopping by - Have a great day - JOAN

9 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Wow Joan, Your Mum is just going to love this. Such a thoughtful gift, Hugs, Nikki x

Antje said...

looks lovely - gorgeous colors!!

Alex said...

This is great Joan - I bet your mom will LOVE it!! What a fabulous gift! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Amy Sheffer said...

THUD - my jaw just hit the ground. What a fanstic gift for your mom!!

Deb Neerman said...

How great is this?!? Your Mom will love it ... so even if she starts to cry, it doesn't mean she doesn't {heart} it.

LOLOL, seriously, she will just adore this! What a wonderful keepsake!

nessy said...

what a fantastic idea and a very thoughtful gift!! your mother is going to love this ~ and so beautifully put together!
vanessa xx

Andrea, said...

Oh this fabulous Joan, your mum will love it. The colours are gorgeous

Janine said...

What a great project Joan.. Your Mom is sure to love it!! Such a fun way to keep a diary of a trip**

dpkennedy said...

What a pretty book! Such a precious keepsake for your mom...it's wonderful!