Thursday, May 8, 2008

Time to stamp challenges...

Last night I decided to take a break and get some stamping done so I was able to do 2 challenges this week. I finally used my coluzzle for the second time ever! For some reason I am suprised at how easy it is to use and I love the idea of layering circles on cards. My first card is for the SCS colour challenge (CC165) and for the sketch challenge (SC175). I used versamark and Iridescent Ice Embossing powder on the Lovely Lilac half circles so they are all sparkly. I really like that technique but haven't used it in a long time.
For the second card I wanted something a little more masculine so I pulled out one of my favourite stamp sets - Lovely as a Tree. I am pleased with how it turned out and maybe we will do it at a workshop one day. I am so excited about going to convention and super relieved to be registered. I always get nervous that I won't get in. Now that registration is done all we have to do is count down the days - oh and start making swaps! lol

I hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Amy

5 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Really pretty Joan! I like this sketch!

Anonymous said...

These cards are PERFECT!!!!

xxxMarieke

Alex said...

Ooh, I love these - that masculine card ROCKS!!! Love the sketch too, need to try this one out!

So glad you are going to Convention - me too - WHOOHOO!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stamp n Sparkle said...

Oh wow your cards are beautiful. Thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. Zee

Antje said...

WoW, specially the tree is really nice, love the way you used the brads