Sunday, April 11, 2021

Oh Happy Day!

"Silhouette Scenes" is one of those stamp sets, of mine, which didn't get enough use while it was in the catalogue; and now it is retiring.  I used the children a lot, but not the couple under the umbrella.  And, this tree die was only used a handful of times as well.

For today's card, I used the Blending Brushes to create the background.  First I punched a circle out of a piece of cardstock and brushed in the colour, Daffodil Delight, for the sun.  Next, I used the punched circle as a mask and brushed on Balmy Blue for the sky.


I used the Stamparatus to stamp the image of the little girl on the swing after having used the tree die to determine where the stamp should go.  I used the Stamparatus primarily because this is a negative image stamp and I was able to stamp twice to get a bold black colour with no difficulty.


The new "Many Messages" stamp set was used for the greeting.  It is currently in the Mini Catalogue but will be carried over to the upcoming Annual Catalogue.   Woo Hoo! I have had a little difficulty getting all of the greetings stamped at once, so I've come up with an alternate method of getting the greetings I want and their coordinating tag.  

I ink up the words I want in the colour I want on a scrap piece of cardstock; making sure there is enough room for the placement of the die.


Next, I match the greeting to the coordinating tag on the Messages Die and use a little retired Washi Tape to adhere the cardstock to the die.  This way I don't have to worry about the die slipping around while I'm cutting it with the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.


I sometimes end up with some extra greetings and that's fine.  I just keep them together for future use.  The big trick is to remember that I have them and go through the little pile when I want to use this set.  It may take a little time to work this way, but I've found it better than smudging a whole set of greetings.

The exciting thing is that there is another stamp set coming up in the New Annual Catalogue which matches the Messages Die.  So there will be lots of little greetings to choose from.

That is it for today.  Remember there are only 23 days left to get any of the retiring products....while supplies last.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Joan

Silhouette Scenes - 149332 - $31.00 - Retiring

Many Messages 154510 - $30   Messages Die - 154422 - $46.00

Stamparatus - 146276 - $67.00


Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine - 149653 - $163.00

No comments: