Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Hand-Penned Puzzle


 I've dipped into the Hand-Penned DSP,  and the Penned Flowers Dies again today.  Once again, the green focal piece is the backside of the background piece.  I went to the catalogue for inspiration on this card trying to figure out how to use this particular die.

It's easy once you realize how it works, which isn't saying much for my brain these days.  I simply used the die on two different colours - Basic White and Highland Heather.  I attached the white piece to my DSP using the Tombow glue so that I could control the amount of glue around the edges and not get things sticky.  Then, I punched out the Highland Heather flower pieces and glued them into the spaces of the white outline....sort of like doing a puzzle.  Easy peasy.

I distressed the edge with Mint Macaron and added a bit of Soft Succulent ribbon underneath.  The tone is right, it's just a bit darker than the Mint Macaron.  The focal piece has been popped up with dimentionals.

The greeting is from the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set, punched out with a circle and also popped up with dimensionals.

Finally, I have added some of the beautiful Genial Gems in the centre of the flowers.

Can't wait for the flowers to appear in the garden.  They are starting to grow, but it will be a while yet.  We've had such a wonderful April that it's hard to wait until May to get into serious gardening.  But I'll be patient and the still sleeping bugs will be happy for it.

That's all for today, thanks for stopping by,

Joan

No comments: