Friday, April 30, 2021

Beauty of the Earth

Today I'm letting the Designer Series Paper do all the work.  This paper comes from the Beauty of the Earth Suite in the new catalogue.  The above card is quick and simple using one of the sheets that can be cut in half to get a forest of trees in wonderful colours.  The little tag comes with the coordinating Beautiful Trees dies.  I've cut the Night of Navy piece as a layer.  The colours I've used for this card are Cinnamon Cider for the base, Merry Merlot for the mat along with the Night of Navy.  I've wrapped the card with Linen thread as a bit of embellishment. 

 

Every piece of paper for this card is DSP except for the Basic White Greeting.  I love the papers in this series that can be used as a background or cut with the "leaves" to create the top of the tree.  The grass has been hand cut to create the little hill since our curvy dies are retiring. Everything else, except the greeting, has been cut using the Beautiful Trees Dies.

I've used the Many Messages stamp set with the coordinating Die. This stamp set has 19 different greetings on one stamp each with it's own little tag.  You can either stamp them all at the same time, or do what I've been doing and only stamp certain ones.

When the greeting I want is in the middle of the stamp I end up with more greetings then I need.

Next I place the die over the stamped image and tack it down with a piece of Washi tape.  My embossing plate has a bit of a warp in it (as they tend to do) and so the Washi tape ensures that the die stays in place and I don't have to do the job twice.

I could have used any of the greetings I ended up with, but I made my selection and will keep all the extras to go through at a later date.  There's also nothing that says you can't use more than one greeting on one card!  I like all these little tags because they fit easily into small places. You don't have to wait for the new catalogue to come out to get this set either.  It's in the Mini Catalogue so you can get it right now.


That's it for today.  It's going to be a busy weekend since we're helping our daughter move into a new house.  Exciting!!!  So I'll see you again on Monday.  Thanks for stopping by,

Joan


Many Messages - 154510 - $30.00   Messages Die - 154422 - $46.00

No comments: