Monday, January 21, 2019

Playing with Shimmer Paint

I want to post these cards now, but I'll give more details closer to when my class will be held. I will be having a Shimmer Bingo class close to the end of February and these are some of the cards we'll be making that night.

The first card involves rubbing Frost White Shimmer Paint onto a piece of embossed Black Foil Paper.  It gives some extra sparkle and a neat effect with the paint sitting down in the grooves.

For the next card, I simply added Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to a Spritzer filled with rubbing alcohol and spritzed the finished card with it.  You can't see the shimmer in the photo, but believe me, it's there!
I'd never thought of this technique until I did some research on Shimmer Paint.  This one is quick, easy and effective too.  Using a piece of glossy paper, I dabbed Frost White Shimmer Paint onto a stamp and stamped by butterflies.  Once the paint was dry I added coordinating ink with a sponge dauber.  The shimmer from the paint shines through the ink - giving a resist effect.

Those are three for now.  I'll have three more in a couple days.
Thanks for visiting
Joan

Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint - 147044 - $11.00

Frost White Shimmer Paint - 147046 - $11.00

Sponge Daubers - 133773 - $7.00

No comments: