Wednesday, January 23, 2019

More Shimmery cards

I have three more cards today using Shimmer Paint in different ways.  This first card has a shimmery background by daubing shimmer paint onto a stamp and stamping the cardstock.  This works best on a darker colour since I was using the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  If you used a gold or copper coloured shimmer paint it would show up on a lighter colour cardstock.

Since a sponge dauber covers a larger area, I used a tiny paint brush to brush shimmer paint onto the hummingbird's wings.  Because the paint is translucent, you can still see the lines from the image through the paint.  If you were using a more opaque colour (gold or copper) you would have to carefully paint the image so the lines still showed.

This is another technique that I was surprised by.  Such a quick and easy way to add just a bit more colour and a bit of shimmer.  Once I had stamped the label and the sentiment, I took a sponge dauber with a bit of glimmer paint and simply brushed over the label.  The wet paint picked up a wee bit of ink colour and dragged it across the image.  I must try this with other images.

That's six ways to use shimmer paint and I haven't even added reinkers yet!  So by now you should realize that you should have shimmer paint in your stash, and a package of sponge daubers!

That's it for today.
Thanks for popping by,
Joan

Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint - 147044 - $11.00
Frost White Shimmer Paint - 147046 - $11.00




Sponge Daubers - 133773 - $7.00

No comments: