Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Christmas Bells


I did up a card for the Merry Monday Challenge - Love the sketches because they are quick and easy...and yet you can add to them too. (I added the bit of crochet trim)

I took a tip from the current "Stampin' Success" magazine that we get as Demonstrators....The music paper is actually a piece of our Natural Composition Designer Series Paper - it's already embossed and all I did was ink up the paper using a sponge and wiped the excess off the embossed areas.  I love the effect....especially since it's musical!
I embossed the holly leaves in gold on Always Artichoke paper and then embossed the bells on Very Vanilla and coloured them in by putting marker on the "shaded" areas and pulling the ink into the rest of the image with a blender pen.
Both the greeting and the bells have been raised with dimensionals.

Hope your week is moving along Merrily!
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Joan! I tried to leave a comment on your Subway Art post, but it kept giving me an error message. Oh well, anyway.... I love all your wonderful Subway art pieces, but especially your 'Dance' one -- That photo is awesome! Your banner of hearts is truly beautiful too! =)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful embossing Joan, and I love those bells. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Joan, I love all the shimmery gold. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Wendy said...

Oh WOW, this is gorgeous, Joan! Love the touches of gold embossing and your beautifully colored bells!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Lauren said...

Oh I love this! This is a card I would be thrilled to receive in the mail.

Bonnie said...

This makes me want to sing Christmas Carols, especially I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day! Beautiful job, Joan! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty. Love the embossing and the strip of crochet.

Allisa said...

Love your embossed background. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous embossing, trim and coloring! Such a pretty effect! Thanks for participating with the Merry Monday challenge this week!