Happy Thursday - Just about done the week - hope it's been a good one for you. I've been busy, but I've had my share of lazy moments too.
Today I'm sharing a card created with a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches....I can't believe I used these two pieces of DSP, but I do like them together. My father would be scolding me right now though - because the patterns aren't matched up to flow properly from one into the other. (That brings back sewing memories!!!! Yeup - my dad taught me to sew)
I embossed the framelit pieces just to add a bit of texture, and of course the butterflies are "flying" off the page.
I'm also sharing my 1st Altered Book Cover that I finished the other night. I had a lot of fun with it.
1) I added an expired strip of DSP along the spine
2) I added Marina Mist reinker to Gesso to paint the cover and get rid of the original yeuky colour. I painted over some of the DSP, but left the spine free of paint.
3) I created a "gel skin" with Self Levelling Clear Gel and used some of our retired beads mircrobeads and glitter.
This is the piece I created and I've only torn off chunks to use on this cover. That much glittery goodness needs to be spread around!
Here is a side view of the book - it's full of the Mandalas and Zendoodles that I've been doing over the past couple months.
Have a fantabulous day - Thanks for stopping by.