Saturday, December 4, 2010

Paris Amour


I had this card all ready to upload and post yesterday but my ph0to program refused to work. Thankfully, it booted up today - don't know what the problem was - but glad it's back.

Challenges for this card -
SCS Sketch Challenge - Sketch
Color Throw Down - Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip.

This card brings back the memories of the summer and the fantastic time I had there with my husband.

I wanted to add something to the card and finally settled on making my own little charms. I was pleasantly surprised that although the key, crown
and tower images were small, they still turned out okay with shrink paper. I had initially tried to stamp them with the chocolate chip, but the ink didn't really dry well on the plastic, and also didn't show up that well once shrunk.....so I opted for good old Staz On. I will definitely be shrinking more images in the future!!!!!

We have a wonderful sunny day here today - I hope your Saturday is going well and is also full of sunshine. Thanks for stopping by - Joan

Stamp Set - Artistic Etchings, En Francais
Paper - Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Neutrals Patterns DSP
Ink - Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Black Staz On
Other - Oval punches, Scallop Oval Punch, Sponge daubers
Non-SU - Shrink Art Plastic, wire

3 comments:

dj said...

love those poly shrink charms....they add so much to your card...beautifully done!!

Broni said...

Fabulous, Joan! I LOVE the little charms you added too! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

Kristin Eberline said...

How sweet! Love your layout and the vintage look you achieved, and I especially ADORE the little charms you created ♥

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!