Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cest' la Fete!

I've incorporated two challenges in my card today - Friday's Limited Supply Challenge was to have words in a different language on your card (figures that I had used En Francais just the day before!) So I pulled out one of my old sets that I kept in French (Now working in a French Immersion school so I'll have more uses for them!!)
Saturday's Inspiration Challenge was from Bugaloo Soft Sole Baby shoes. Too cute. I picked this little purple pair and am happy with how the card turned out. I used the Spring Flower Set from the Sizzlets dies for the Big Shot. To get those perfectly spaced dots I used the paper
piercing template with a gel pen.

Now I don't usually share family photos - but I was proud of my drummer
boy on Friday night. The band played at a different lounge - which was nice - and they added 3 new songs to their repertoire. They performed one of them as an encore and Grant came out from behind the drum set to join the vocals. As a bias mother - I have always loved his voice!!! Once the ballad-like lyrics were done, he scooted back behind the drums to pick up the pace of the song. It was great.

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday and celebrating with the men in your life.

Thanks for dropping by!
JOAN

4 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great card! and here's to the drummer!

Heather said...

Great card- I love the bold design.

Maria Matter said...

Oh, this is great Joan....love how well you matched the inspiration pix! Lovely card!

Enjoyed the family photo/story!
take care Joan
blessings, Maria

dpkennedy said...

Wow, your card is a great representation of the inspiration piece! And great pics of your son-thanks for sharing!