Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Flower Trio


Good Morning - I can't believe I haven't posted in so long. I'm "behind" in challenges again too -
This card is for an Inspiration Challenge from a couple of weeks ago from Tenugui Calendars. There were a couple of months I liked, but this one with the dark background caught my eye. I embossed the background flowers on regular white cardstock using the craft Night of Navy ink and clear embossing powder. Then I took a sponge to add the black background. (I suppose I could have done the embossing on black cardstock too.) The flowers were done the same way with the craft ink and clear embossing powder before colouring them in and the bit of glitter added to the centres.
I hope you have a wonderful day - Thanks for visiting. JOAN

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

A beautiful card Joan!! I love the colours and the flowers!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Joan, I love the tearing effect, gorgeous flowers and embossing, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Alex said...

This is beautiful Joan, I love the distressing and the colors are fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee said...

Oh the dark background and the trio of flowers are just gorgeous!!! The torn edging is so cool!!

dpkennedy said...

Gorgeous Joan! I love the dark background too! Love your design!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card, love the textures. Thanks for playing. :)

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Joan, I love the flowers

Anonymous said...

Great job on the challenge! Love your techniques!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very pretty. I love the dark against the lighter base.

Kerry Johnson said...

JOan this is stunning! Love your card!

Maria Matter said...

Absolutely beautiful!
Love the colors and flowers and the torn edge! Beautifully done!
Blessings, Maria