Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall Leaves

Here is one of the cards I created for our October Technique workshop. Amy, bless her heart, is going to have to demo all the cards because I'll have just had my surgery that day.
The base of this card is Baja Blue - some of the Autumn Vine Designer paper has Baja Blue, Rust, Mustard and Chocolate chip. I didn't end up with the blue anywhere else but it still works. I worked a bit on the leaf piece before it "came together" The gold embossed leaves are coloured in with marker on the bottom piece of whisper white and then again on the top velum layer.

Tonight we're doing our magnet board workshop. I'm also meeting parents from my second school at a corn roast outside. Should be a good time at both events.

Thanks for dropping by - JOAN

3 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Joan, Beautiful autumnal card and the embossed leaves look fab. Hope you are ok. Hugs, Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, I love the autumnal colours

dpkennedy said...

This card is really beautiful! I love the gold embossed flowers!