Monday, December 3, 2012

First off, I want to thank everyone who entered our first challenge over at MDS Monday - what a fantastic turnout of entries - it was difficult to pick a favourite but a whole lot of fun looking at everyone's take on the sketch.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, for making our first challenge so much fun and such a success!

This week is my sketch design.  Funny how I can come up with a design and then have a bit of difficulty working with it.  Boy, I had a hard time coming up with background pieces for this layout....ha ha ha!  I wanted it wintery because of the photos I was using, but I also wanted it a bit grungy because it was my son and his friends. 

I used some cloud as puffs of snow....at least I hope that's how they come across.
The photos are duplicated and stacked - I love that look!
The last technique was attaching my Title Text to a Free Form shape.....I love that ability with MDS2!

HERE is a link to the video from Stampin'Up! on how to add your text to a line shape.  


We have a few simple rules to keep it fair and fun for everyone participating in our challenges.

1.  In your blog post you must mention that you are playing along with MDS Monday - we'd love it if you went one step further and linked back to the challenge blog and posted our challenge photo!
2. Your project must be new and not posted prior to the MDS Monday Challenge date.
3. Enter as many times as you like!
4. When linking your entry, please link directly to your blog post,  not your entire blog.
5. Entries must be in by 11:59pm EST the following Friday (that means you have 12 full days to enter!)
6. Have fun!!!!!

Be sure to check our the MDS Monday Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with this week.

AND - Have you see the Mega Massive My Digital Studio Giveaway on Facebook right now.  You can enter every day until December 30......

AND - Don't forget that the On-Line Extravaganza lasts until December 16th.

That's it for today - thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing what you create for this second MDS Monday Sketch.

Joan



2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Oh my, Joan... I would have had a heart attack! Great sketch... I was a little worried, but it came out great.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow! Such a fun page - I love (LOVE!) the layered photos and the 'snow'. Your quote is awesome... They must have had a blast!