Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shipload of Thanks

Happy Tuesday everyone - Here's my Friday Mashup! Creation....  The mashup for the past week was...
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project using the "Ghosting (aka VersaMark Resist) Technique".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the "Sketch & the Ghosting Technique".


I hadn't done the Ghosting Technique for a while.  I did it two different ways though - the ships have clear embossing powder over top of the versa mark because I sometimes find the white doesn't stay white.  The Earth does not have any embossing powder added.  Both turned out okay.

I kept the sketch pretty true to form - I adjusted it for a more masculine theme by omitting a "ribbon" at the top of the tag and added the globe for the extra embellishment.  Those little holes at the top are not part of the original sketch and they were SUPPOSE to be brads.  I decided they were too close together so I left them as "Paper Piercing".

I'm off to take a nap - a bit late for one, but I'm weary.  I came home exhausted after an awesome weekend of music - and I caught a cold while I was at it.  So resting is the plan.

Hope you are well in your part of the world - thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Joan

6 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Oh this is a fab masculine card Joan. I like your take on our challenge this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Rita W said...

Gorgeous masculine card this week, Joan! I love the ghost ships. :) Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week!

Aileen said...

Love the masculine feel. The tag looks fab with the ships. x

Lili said...

Such a gorgeous masculine card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great Joan.. I love that you made it Masculine and the ships as your Ghosting image is perfect.. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Anonymous said...

Hello to every body, it's my first go to see of this blog; this website contains awesome and truly excellent data in favor of visitors.
Check out my page ; http://pixocool.com