Sunday, February 25, 2018

Something Old made New

I've been doing pretty well with sending at least three cards a week to various people for various reasons.  It's been a great way to go through my stash of cards I've created over the years and putting them to use.  However, sometimes they need a little, or a lot, of tweaking!

Today's card is tweaked from one I made about 3 years ago; for a challenge.  I have no idea what the challenge was now, maybe the banners, maybe the colours, maybe the word "Queen".  Anyway, we had this great paper that had signs of various places in New York.  Now, I have to be honest and say when I first made the card below, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  Well, it got tweaked and has now gone into the mail.

I took the Queens piece off as carefully as I could and covered the little rips with the two layers of ribbon.  Then I took a new punch and a new stamp set and voila.  I actually like how the label looks with the plain cardstock coming off the edge of the greeting. 

So don't be afraid to take apart something you've previously made and give it a new vibe, or a new greeting.

Hope your day has been wonderful.
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan




No comments: