Friday, February 16, 2018

Playing with Paste

Being a self taught artist, molding paste and stencils are not new to me.  So I got super excited when Stampin'Up! introduced Embossing Paste in the current annual catalogue; I'd be able to use another Stampin'Up! product in my art.  WooHoo!

Last night I held a workshop featuring the paste.   It was an evening full of laughter!  
In the dragon card above, I've left the paste in it's original form and used one of our "Pattern Party Decorative Masks".  I must say I do love using this paste because it's texture is almost like it's been whipped, it's so very easy to work with.


For the coffee card, I added a few drops of reinker to the paste.  Just think, you can use one little jar of Embossing Paste and get 38 colours from it.  WOW!!!  Our Pattern Party Masks come in a set of 4, and this doily is also in the set.  If you've purchased some Stampin'Up! stencils in the past, they will work perfectly with the paste also - so you're reusing previously bought products!  WooHoo!

For the sentiment on the coffee cup, I stamped the words in the Crushed Curry first and then took a Early Espresso Marker and re-coloured the words in print.  You can always cover up a light colour with a dark one, but don't do it the other way around or you'll ruin the light coloured marker or ink pad. I'm talking from experience here!

For the final card, I thought I would try something different along with the tried and true.  This basic card design, with the banner of Designer Series Paper, greeting and focal point is a perfect design for workshops if you are a demonstrator, or a hobby stamper.  Watercolor Words is one of my favorite stamp sets because the greetings are so big and bold with a fun font.

Now - for the focal square - I took a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock and smoothed a thin layer of Embossing Paste across it.  After the paste was dried, I inked the flower stamp with Daffodil Delight ink, and pressed it into the paste.  I'm not sure that the ink made a lot of difference, but what the heck.  You have to be sure to wash your stamps, stencils and palette knives soon after using the paste or it will harden and be tougher to remove.  If it dries it will come off with warm water, soap and scrubbing.  I use one of those "velco-y" kitchen scrubbers you can get most places, or an old toothbrush.

The best thing about this card is the Faceted Gems that have been coloured using our Blendables.  That's the beauty of the Blendables....you can add wonderful colour shading to your stamped images, as well as adding colour to the Faceted Gems, Basic Pearls and Basic Rhinestones.

Hope you have a fantastic Day!
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan

Here is Stampin'Up!'s video tutorial on Embossing paste...







No comments: