Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Pretty & Pink

I am NOT a pink person.  I never wear it....being a red head growing up when there were specific fashion "rules", and it is not the colour I reach for when creating cards or in my art.
HOWEVER, Stampin'Up! has me reaching it for it more often for two reasons: 1) the Painted with Love Specialty DSP and 2) the new Berry Burst In-Colour.
The nice thing about both of these cards today, is that if you absolutely HATE pink - you can create both of them just by changing up the DSP that's used and the ink.  Easy Peasy!

The card above is a remake of one I made years ago with a different "big flower".  I like the look of it coming off the edge of the paper.  The sizes of your DSP will depend on how big the greeting is that you want to use.  And I finally broke down and got the Tutti-frutti Adhesive-backed Sequins.
 
Lots of demonstrators have played around with this Sale-a-bration stamp set and done fantastic things.  It creates a clean and simple card if that's what you're going for.  I could add a bit of bling to this, or a ribbon (in Berry Burst!) just to punch it up a bit.  And, of course, a larger sentiment would fill in more of the white space.   One helpful "instruction" for creating this card is to put your sentiment on FIRST.  Then you get to say what you want to say and frame it with the flowers.

That's quick and easy for today.
Thanks for stopping by!
Joan



No comments: