Thursday, December 21, 2017

Today's an Exciting Day!

Both my husband and I did not have to DO any Christmas concerts this year.  I retired as a music teacher in the spring of this year, and Greg had been a band teacher for over 30 years.  He is currently in the position of President of the Alberta Teacher's Association - so no concerts for him either.
However,  we do get to attend our grandson's FIRST Christmas concert.  I can't wait for all the cuteness of a Kindergarten performance - especially when they will be singing about wanting slippers for Christmas.  It's gonna make our day!


 
Now that I'm no longer focused on Christmas cards I can play with the new stuff that is coming up, but ALSO - play with products that I haven't even touched yet.

I like this floral image from "Floral Phrases" and the "Floral Thinlits" are so pretty.  I will be playing around with them a bit more.  I should point out that I modified the saying for this card.  The stamp actually reads, "A Special Note of Thanks to you.  I masked off the last two words with tape before inking the stamp and then removed that tape BEFORE stamping it on the card.   This is also the first time that I've used the Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon!  I have a soft spot for gingham ribbon - not fabric, just ribbon.  Not sure why.

Anyway, there you have it for today. 
Enjoy the Holiday Season with all it's little wonders.
Have a great day,
Joan

If you would like to make this card for yourself, here are the products you will need:
Night of Navy Cardstock 100687  Ink 126970
Whisper White Cardstock 100730
Floral Blessings Stamp Set 141767
Detailed Floral Thinlits  141482
Night Of Navy Gingham Ribbon 141232
Mini Glue Dots 103683
Snail 104332



No comments: