Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Early mornings with a new product....

 My fellow demonstrator and friend, Tamara Bertram, mentioned in a Facebook post yesterday, that a  chapter in her life is closing and another beginning because her girls are now old enough that she is not longer has to play Santa in her house; getting up early to bring out treasures and set things up.  She says she is going to miss this chapter.  Well, that chapter ended a long time ago for our family since my children are 29 and 26.  But that doesn't mean I'm not up early.

Okay, Christmas Morning I was up early to keep the cat from bothering my husband, but I've been using those early hours to create - either art or Stampin'Up! creations.  Yesterday, I started playing with one of our new products coming out in January's Occasions Catalogue.

As an artist, this new product excites me because I've been introduced to a variation of it by a friend of mine, so it's exciting that, once again, I'll be able to use Stampin'Up! products in my artwork.  But first - cards.  The product is called "Brusho Crystal Colour" and it is essentially watercolour ink crystals that you sprinkle on waterwashed paper and let the magic happen.

In the card above, I experimented with the five different colours we'll be offering in once package.  I played with each strip differently to see how they moved on the paper.  I will be needing a little more practice.
 For the above sample, I water washed the watercolour paper using my Aqua-Painter sprinkled the Brilliant Red and Yellow Crystal Colours onto the paper and played with them with the Aqua-painter.  You don't want to "play" with them too much or you will loose the watercolour effect and end up with one single blob of colour.
 For the next card, I sprinkled Prussian Blue and Brilliant Red onto dry watercolour paper and lightly spritzed with water so that a mist fell onto the paper and activated the colour.  I didn't use my Aqua-Painter at all this time because I loved the effect the crystals created themselves. 
Because I wanted the background to be the focal point of the card, I used our Happy Birthday Thinlit.  I attached a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to Very Vanilla Cardstock before cutting out the "Happy Birthday" so it would stick well to the card.

We got a call early Sunday from our choir director, who was sick, asking if my husband could direct for her that morning.  Of course, our grandson was very excited because he was able to "direct" again with Grandpa.  He takes it very seriously.  Elliot also got to dress up, for the first time, as a shepherd for our Christmas Eve family service.  He took that role very seriously too.  I love this little guy to bits!


I hope all of you, and your family, had a wonderful Blessed Christmas or whatever festive season you are celebrating at this time of year.
Try to relax before the busyness of the next event and take time to be thankful for some small or large thing in your life each day.
Thanks for visiting,
Joan

Products you will need for this post's samples.. 
121045 - Basic Black Cardstock
122959 - Watercolour Paper
103954 - Aqua Painters
Available January 3 in Occasions Catalogue
141594 - Sunshine Sayings Stamp Set
119868 - 1" Circle Punch
104430 - Stampin' Dimensionals
132708 - Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
119683 - Daffodil Delight Cardstock
141489 - Sunshine Wishes Thinlits
143263 - Big Shot
100687 - Night of Navy Cardstock
143700 - Happy Birthday Thinlit
144106 - Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets
144200 - Glitter Enamel Dots
104332 - Snail Adhesive
107300 - Very Vanilla Envelopes




No comments: