Friday, April 17, 2020

How to use - Vellum #3

 Today I've got a variety of cards for you to finish up this series. First - Colouring Vellum.  You can use any of our colouring products on vellum.  For the card above, I've used sponge daubers on the back of the Springtime Impessions piece.  Again, I prefer using bold colours so that they show through the opaqueness of the vellum.

Yesterday I showed you this card which I coloured using our Stampin' Write Markers.  For this butterfly I coloured on the front of the piece, being careful to stay inside the embossed lines.  If you wanted a softer look, you could colour on the backside of the vellum.

 We also have our Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock available. I've used the Petal Pink Vellum for the poppies here and accented it with the Rococco Rose.  The package of coloured vellum cardstock comes in Old Olive, Petal Pink and So Saffron.

Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock - 149101 - $15.00

 I don't have a lot of punches or dies right now that allows me to build flowers - but that is another thing you can do with Vellum Cardstock.  I've used the Perennial Flower Punch to build this first flower having embossed the Floral Essence image before punching it out.

 I also have the the two Daisy Punches so they are a quick way to build a flower on your creations.  I could have stamped the vellum with StazOn first with the Daisy Lane stamp set, but I liked the clean look of the petals for this card.

Finally - just stamp on the vellum.  I've used StazOn to ensure there is no ink smudging.

Well, that's it for today.  I hope I've given you some ideas or reminded you of a way to use vellum.  Don't hoard it - use it up and add something extra to your creations.

Stay Home - Stay Safe
Thanks for dropping in.
Joan

Vellum Cardstock - 101856 - $13.50

No comments: