Thursday, April 16, 2020

How to use - Vellum #2 - Overlays

Today's tip for using Vellum is to use it as an overlay on either the whole card or on a feature element.  The card above uses a whole piece of vellum to cover up the Designer Series Paper.  The Peaceful Poppies DSP is perfect for this because of the bold design that can show through the opaqueness of the vellum.  Because the Snail shows through the vellum when you attach it to the DSP (or cardstock), I've added a strip of coordinating DSP to cover it up.

For this second project I've used a piece of vellum over top of the butterfly to tone down the Mango Melody cardstock.  It also gives the butterfly more dimension.  I've attached the vellum with glue dots and covered them up with a string of rhinestones. 

This may not be much of an overlay, but using the vellum as a label element is another way to use this product.  I've used the Stitched So Sweetly Dies because I love the way they coordinate together in their shapes and sizes.  I've punched a hole into the ends of the label to string a piece of the Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon through.

That's it for today - three ways to use vellum as an overlay.
I hope I've either reminded you of a technique or showed you a new way to use vellum.

Stay home - Stay Safe
Thanks for dropping by,
Joan


No comments: