Sunday, April 19, 2020

Hope

 I had an extra piece of embossed vellum on my desktop and decided to use it for the background on this card for the Fab Friday Sketch Challenge.

The vellum is embossed with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder.  I've used a piece of See a Silhouette DSP for the hexagon behind the cross.  I love how this paper is looks like a dark cloudy sky.  The cross is from the Cross of Hope Dies. I love its stained glass look.  Finally, I've added the greeting on another little hexagon and embellished it with two pearls that I've coloured with the Night of Navy Dark Stampin' Blends.  To get just the word Hope, I used a marker to colour in just that word before stamping.


Because tomorrow is Mystery Card Monday, I thought I would give you the recipe for tomorrow's card.  Simply cut out your choice of papers to coordinate together and join me on my facebook page tomorrow night at 7:00pm MT.  You can find me at JJ Creations.  We will create the card together, but you won't see what I'm doing, although I will give you some directions.  At the end people are invited to post their creation so everyone can see what has been created by using the same recipe by different people.  I also have a prize to give to someone who posts.
Here is tomorrow's recipe.


That is it for today.
I hope you are doing well and staying safe and sound.
Thanks for visiting.
Joan

Hold on to Hope - 151243 - $29.00

Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder - 151474 - $14.00

Cross of Hope - 145654 - $37.00

Stitched Nested Labels - 149638 - $48.00

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Joan, love this the vellum layer is so elegant, and what a great way to use that DSP! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

I love embossed vellum! Such an elegant layer! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!