Wednesday, April 15, 2020

How to Use - Vellum #1

 Tonight I had a Facebook Live about all the ways you can use Vellum.  This post is going to centre on embossing vellum.

The card above has a piece of vellum that's been put through the Parisian Flourish 3D embossing folder.  You need to be careful with the piece once it's embossed because the depth of the embossing may make it tear.  To adhere the vellum piece to the Night of Navy cardstock, I used Tombow Glue.  Using a quarter piece of our Stamping sponges, I spread the Tombow over the cardstock making sure not to leave any "white" glue behind.  It all should be smoothed out.  Make sure that you don't get the glue too close to the edges of the cardstock either.  

The little flowers are a Sale-a-bration punch that I plan to keep because I like little flowers.  When adding them to a project, I generally spritz them with water and then scrunch them up.  Once I've unfolded them and let them dry, they create much more interest to a card than just plain flat flowers.  I have also scrunched up the little vellum flowers, just to give them some character.

 The next vellum technique was to use heat embossing.  I embossed the black outline of this butterfly from Beautiful Day.  Next I took our Stampin'Write Markers to colour in the sections.  I coloured on the front side of the butterfly.  If I had wanted a more subtle look, I could have coloured on the backside to end up with a paler shade.

You don't have to colour the vellum after it's been heat embossed.  These little poppies get their colour from the DSP that is behind them.

That's it for today.  I will share my other tips over the next couple of days so that each post isn't too long.

We're in for some warm weather coming up, so I'm hoping some of our snow piles will disappear!  Then we need a good rain to clean things up.

Hope you are keeping busy during these days of isolation.
Stay Home, Stay Safe
Thanks for visiting,
Joan

No comments: