Friday, March 6, 2020

Merci and Journals

 Well, this is a different sort of card for me - it's just my take on this week's Freshly Made Sketch(es).  I started out with using ribbon for the three blocks, but it was too thin, so I went with the flourish because I wanted to use something other than arrows, tags or flags.  So my take isn't quite with the challenge sketch because I don't have the flowers in the middle of the card, I've spread them out with the flourishes.  And although it's different for me, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

My colours are Seaside Spray, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede for the sentiment.  I've used the flourish from the Parisian Dies and the little flower is the Small Bloom Punch from the Sale-a-bration catalogue, with small basic Pearls in the centres.
A second share for the day are my Gratitude Journals.  I created the one with the Poppies at my friend Tamara's house a couple of weekends ago.  I like it but I wanted to see what I could come up with using the Timeless Tulips.  Thinking the tulips would be a quicker project for a workshop.  I'm happy with both of them so it may be difficult to decide.


That's it for the day.
Hope things are well your way,
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan

1 comment:

Karren said...

Beautiful cards! The flourishes are such a clever take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.