Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Playing with ink

 This morning I did a bit of experimenting with reinker and rubbing alcohol on glossy paper.  I put drops of reinker onto the glossy paper, spritzed it with alcohol and then swirled the paper around to make the ink move.  On the above card the colours mixed a bit too much and covered all of the  background - which was okay.  I've used the new Beauty Abounds for this card from the Occasions Catalogue.

 For the second card I spritzed the glossy paper with alcohol first and then added the reinker.  I did spritz it a bit again as I was moving the ink around.  I like the effect of this one - more white space and lines of running ink.  Next time I'll experiment with adding the reinker to the alcohol before playing with it.  The sentiment for this card comes from the Strong and Beautiful  set from the Occasions Catalogue.

The colours that I used today were from the Color Throwdown.  My choice of Coastal Cabana is a bit more aqua than their sample shows.  I matched it with Night of Navy.

It was fun experimenting first thing in the morning - now on to the rest of the day.
Hope you have a good one,
Thanks for dropping by,
Joan
 
Beauty Abounds - 148726 - $31.00



Strong and Beautiful - 148732 - $34.00


No comments: