Friday, January 25, 2019

Lovely Lattice Flipped

Today I chose to play with the Lovely Lattice set which is a Sale-a-Bration set you can earn for FREE when purchasing $60 worth of product. This is also one of the stamp sets I earned for free while I was at Convention this last November - one of those demonstrator perks!

I'll be honest and admit that I've held off playing with this set.  I knew I'd have to colour it in most cases and wasn't sure exactly how to do it justice.  Then I received a card in a swap I did with some fellow demonstrators and one of the cards, using this stamp set, simply coloured the flowers with a sponge dauber.  I loved how the centers turned out darker than the outer layer of petals...so, I copied the technique in the card above.  I also decided to leave the card without a sentiment because the image takes up a lot of the card.

Next, I decided to use my Blends to colour in the petals and leaves.  I used the Colour Lifter around the edges of the petals to add some variation to the colour.  Also, for both of these cards I stamped the image in Versa Mark and used Black Embossing Powder.

I decided to flip the image in the second card - just for a bit of difference and it does look as though the flowers are bending down - and flowing upwards in the top card.  Sort of an optical illusion.

That's what I'll leave you with today.
Remember to participate in Sale-a-Bration you can

Shop for $60 worth of product at my on-line store HERE

Host a class of your own and check my calendar for dates HERE

Join my Inkspired Divas team by clicking HERE

Thanks for stopping by
Joan
Lovely Lattice - 149730 - FREE with $60 order of Stampin'Up! product

No comments: