Friday, June 3, 2011

A Fistful of Balloons


Wow, I can't believe I managed to create a single layer card, and it wasn't even part of a challenge. The challenge I did meet is from this week's Friday Mashup! This is a blog I've just recently discovered and decided to try the challenge.... to create a card for kids, or use the color combination of Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Real Red....OR Mash those two challenges together in one card.

As soon as I placed the scraps of color on my desk I saw balloons, and pulled out this stamp because I just love the long swirling strings!

I stamped the balloon image on watercolor paper to colour in the balloons - and for a final Mash-Up - used all four colours on one balloon - of course they bled a bit and created a green in there, but I guess that's what happens sometimes when you mash things together.

I can't believe the weekend is here! I hope I can get some cleaning done and some stuff set aside for the community wide garage sale.
Have a terrific Weekend - Thanks for stopping by!
Joan

11 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

JJ this is so fabulous! I love the bright cheerful bunch of ballons and the multicoloured one is so great.

Thanks for joining in on the fun at the Friday Mashup this week. Hope to see you playing along again. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

Kim P said...

Joan this is terrific! I love the multi-colored balloon! Such a festive card!

Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

How fun! Love the bright balloons. What a great design! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!!

Heidi said...

The colors definitely work together and scream PARTY!!

Christine Blain said...

This card is fantastic, Joan! I love the 'busyness' of the balloon strings, against the clean, one-layer, look of the card. The vibrant balloons are beautiful, and the multi-coloured one is just WOW!!!

Lisa said...

What a wonderful card! I love those balloons and I like how you put the yellow ribbon there to make it look like the strings were all held together. Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

I love what you did with that Ballon stamp, they strings ROCK! Great idea to combine the colors on one Ballon very festive. I'm so glad you found us and played along Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Nance Leedy said...

Joan this is so fun and funky! Love all those colors in the balloon and you've kept the rest CAS so the balloons really POP off the page I mean, lol! And I love your tie-dyed balloon! Great card!

Maribel said...

I enchanted. beautiful card.

Carrie Gaskin said...

Those balloons are just FABULOUS! And what a great one layer card. Thanks for playing at The Friday Mashup this week.

Karen said...

So pretty! I really love that one balloon has all the colours. Such a clever touch, that really takes this card to new heights. Beautiful!