Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dragonflies for Dad


I've got three challenges happening with this card today. I finally got one created after being in my backyard for 4 hours cleaning out my flower beds. I'm going to have to rethink my whole gardening life because I can't do it on my knees anymore - I think I'm going to have to do more containers and put less into the ground.

Didn't see any dragonflies today - a bit too early still I think (here anyway). I did come across a couple of earthworms though and an interesting looking ladybug. She had more spots than I'm used to seeing. ANYWAY - when I saw the wall decorations in the thumbnail below, I knew what I wanted to do for a card today. The wall art is from Dali Decals which is the source for the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast. The sketch is this past week's Splitcoast Sketch challenge, and the masculine theme (or Father's Day) is the challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

So, it was a productive day today, and I'm hoping to get to a greenhouse tomorrow to add some extra colour to the yard. Thanks for stopping by!
Joan

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I love how you did the white dragonflies and then highlighted the one that pops. Great effect. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Joan! I love the dragonflies!

Krista said...

Very nice and I really like the warm mono-chromatic colors! Thank you for sharing your art with us over at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Joan, this is so beautiful! I love the soft monochromatic colors and that single (perfectly cut out) dragonfly. What a great masculine themed card, perfect for Father's Day. I'm with you on the planting. I went to more containers this year for the same reason as you. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the white dragonflies and the different browns. Beautiful but masculine! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.