Thursday, June 9, 2011

Askew Trees for Dad


I know I've mentioned, from time to time, my aversion to plain paper. I usually feel the need to spritz it, distress it - something. I do occasionally leave it blank - but I am absolutely loving this square lattice embossing folder for adding texture without "messing up" the whole look of the card. Just as I did the other day - I attached the coloured stripes to a black background and then put it through the Big Shot.

This card falls under two challenges this week - the Color Throwdown - Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron. Also, Stampin' Royalty is looking to celebrate Dad this week.

My concert is over - I feel it went very well and got quite a lot of positive feedback from parents. I awoke this morning with the realization of another way the kids at my school ROCK! Once the concert was done, they started dismantling everything (grades 5 & 6) to take back to the music room without even a word from me. It wasn't until this morning that I realized that the music room had been put back exactly as it should be - everything in it's place. Yes, I am anal about things, and yeah I know the kids know it (although that's not the term they'd use, I'm sure) It's just comforting to know that there are youth who take the initiative to do what needs to be done and to do it well. I appreciate that so much.

Anyway - I'm a happy camper - and a campfire with camp songs is the next thing on my agenda before the end of the year. Hope you have something worth appreciating in your day today. Thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit.
Joan

5 comments:

Broni said...

Super Father's Day card, Joan! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!!

Faye said...

Joan, this is a wonderful card. The image looks great against that embossing and I love the colours you've put together too. Thanks for your visit to my Blog. Hope to see you aagain. :)
xxx

Georgeann Manning said...

Great layout, and love the use of those colors! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Marlene said...

Very pretty embossing! I keep forgetting that I have all these embossing folders! DUHHH!!! You are inspiring me to USE them. :) LOVE the card.

Kristin Eberline said...

What an awesome Father's Day card! Love your layout :]

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!