Monday, May 23, 2011

Mojo full of Butterflies


The last number of posts I've had, have been scheduled while I was away in Edmonton to stay with my husband while he attended meetings for the Alberta Teacher's Association. It was a nice little holiday - not far from home!!!! The two of us were also able to attend a "Parent's Barbeque & Party" held by my son and his housemates. They had awesome food, and most of the parents and siblings of the 6 housemates got to meet. It was a very nice evening - a perfect way to end the weekend. So - I came home and went right to my stamping room to see what challenges were at hand and found myself using mostly butterflies....

I tried my hand again with the Faux Mother of Pearl again - using a butterfly die. I've ordered some white Shimmer Paint - so I can't wait to see what this technique will look like with that. I am pleased with the butterflies although I forgot to use glossy paper - it's just regular Whisper White cardstock.
The challenge for this card was a Sympathy card for Raise the Bar. I've also used the Frayed Ribbon technique from Stamping 411's How-To Wednesday. The frayed ribbon made for a different body on the butterfly.

I used a leftover background piece on my Mojo Monday Sketch card - I had embossed the Baroque Motif in white and put it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing folder. It didn't end up working for the card I was working on back then, so I kept it on my desk to remember to use it. I didn't realize, until it was together, that the leaves in the Baroque background and the leaves on the butterfly match. I must say I think there is something missing on the card, but I'm not sure what. Any ideas!

Well, we're in to a short week now - and the long haul until the end of the school year. I'm hoping to remain sane until my spring concert is over! Now that the leaves and blossoms are out I know it will add to my sanity!
Hope things are blooming for you - and thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit. Joan

2 comments:

Marlene said...

This butterfly is gorgeous. Wonderful kind of card to have on hand. I know I sure could use a few of these for people I know.

Kim P said...

Oh my goodness...those shimmery butterflies are fantastic!